National Broadcast TV Overview
Free Speech TV Brief Demographics Summary
This applies to noncommercial underwriting opportunities / distribution deals
• Free Speech TV reaches over 40 million American households and engages millions of
viewers online —amplifying underrepresented voices and those working on the front lines of
social, economic and environmental justice.
• In addition to carriage on DISH and DirecTV, the country’s largest satellite TV providers, Free
Speech TV is the 3rd highest-rated news channel on Roku. (The 2nd highest-rated news
channel is Democracy Now!, a flagship program on Free Speech TV).
• Free Speech TV has taken impressive strides on every metric for our network’s growth over
the past two years. Between 2012-14, we nearly doubled the number of households viewing
our programs to over 1 million (Rentrak).
• Roku: 152% increase in total monthly streams over 12-month period.
• Website: 102% increase in unique monthly visitors over 12-month period.
• Facebook: 51% increase in “likes” over 12-month period.
• Twitter: 110% increase in monthly “retweets” over 12-month period.
• YouTube: 27% increase in total monthly views over 12-month period.
• Viewer Donations: 47% increase in viewer support dollars raised over 12-month period,
compared with a -4% sector average.
• According to Gallup, only 40% of Americans say they trust themass media to report news
fully, accurately and fairly. At a time of immense social change and opportunity, Americans
are looking for a news source they can rely on. As one of the few remaining national
independent news channels, Free Speech TV meets that need.
• A nonprofit with freedom from corporate influence and government pressure, we are uniquely
positioned to elevate the issues that often don’t break through the corporate media filter.
• Free Speech TV reaches 40 million U.S. homes on DISH Network Channel 9415, DirecTV
Channel 348 and over 200 cable stations, and is now broadcasting online at
FROM TV TO THE WEB, YOUR ADS WITH US, REACH ALL DEVICES - COMPUTERS, TABLETS AND SMART PHONES.
Free Speech TV Distribution Includes:
National Broadcast TV -
Dish Network and direcTV
Cable TV 200 + Stations in 29 + States
Free Speech TV Websites:
Free Speech . org
Film On . com